Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Bad Bad Leroy Brown




I'm bad at updating this, life happens.
Proud of this feature on Toronto's own Badbadnotgood, which you can see in this month's Exclaim! I also recently reviewed Exile's 4TRK Mind and had a very interesting conversation with J-Live, where he touched on the differences between teaching and rapping, pause tapes and being a triple threat.

I also reviewed Tha Carter IV, which hasn't grown on me since I last played it. My opinion still stands a month and a half later, what do you think?

Over at XXL, I gave Evidence's Cats & Dogs a solid L rating. Honestly, a solid record but nothing life-changing.

In other news:
Danny Brown's XXX is definitely in my top 5 for '11 now, happy to stand by the Mark of Excellence I gave it back in August. Can't believe how much dude has progressed in two years. Is there a better song to blast at 2am than "Bruiser Brigade"? I haven't heard it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lijit Search