Thursday, 21 May 2009

Jens Lekman's 2009 Summer Mix Tape: "The Summer Never Ends"

Jens Lekman is one of my favourite singer/songwriters, and also probably the nicest guy ever. He graciously replied to a fan email I sent him a year ago, which grants him an eternal spot in my good book. If you're not familiar with Jen's work, he's a Swedish troubadour known for his sweet, hilarious lyrics who builds his songs out of samples. Jens put together a little mix for the warm weather, you can pick it up here (right click). You can also cop the other summer mix he put together a few years back here.

Here's the track listing:

1. “The Summer Never Ends” (excerpt)
2. “I Really Think That We Can Make It Girl”
3. Nicolette Larsson - “Lotta Love”
4. The Embassy - “State 08”
5. “New Directions” (excerpt)
6. Coke Escovedo - “I Wouldn't Change A Thing”
7. Filippo Trecca - “La Morte Dell'erminia”
8. “His name is Mikael Carlsson, her name is Alicia Keys”
9. Lamont Dozier - “Blue Sky and Silver Bird”
10. Cat Stevens - “If You Want To Sing Out, Sing Out”
11. Jeff Perry - “Love Don't Come No Stronger”
12. Good News - “Australia”
13. Baby's Gang - “America”
14. American Breed - “Always You”

For good measure, here's the great video for "Sipping On The Sweet Nectar", off 2007's Night Falls Over Kortedala.

I'm working on my own summer mixtape at the moment; so far I've got a lot of Brazilian pop, some reggae and Trick Daddy (natch). Stay tuned, I'll post it when it's done.

1 comment:

Lijit Search